Musings
Leave a Comment

Dear Mum, I’m officially missing you

 

If Roses grow in Heaven, Lord please pick a bunch for me,
Place them in my Mother’s arms and tell her they’re from me.
Tell her I love her and miss her, and when she turns to smile,
place a kiss upon her cheek and hold her for awhile.
Because remembering her is easy, I do it every day,
but there’s an ache within my heart that will never go away.

It’s been 1980 days (5 years and 5 months) since you left. Not a day has gone by since then that I wished you were here with me. Through the years, there are times when I am tempted to do something and your voice of reasons rings in my head. Those are usually the days that I break down into a million pieces and sob my heart’s out.

Did you know, I still sit by the piano when I miss you to play songs I used to play for you? They say music helps to soothe the soul, and I would really love to believe that you are watching me from heaven playing your favourite songs.

Recently, someone asked me what triggers memories of you. Honestly a lot of the things I love – books, arts, stars and photography; they remind me of you.

Years ago you’ve sent me years ago about the 90/10 principles by Stephen Covey. It’s a timely reminder that only 10% of life is made up of what happens to me and the other 90% of life is decided by how I react. As I struggle with life, I am reminded that I am living a life created by my choices. So today, I am going to lift my head higher than I usually would and wipe away my tear stained eyes.

Dear Mum, I miss you so much and I love you.

This entry was posted in: Musings

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s